A tired body is more susceptible to infection. Therefore, you can’t pull an all-nighters. An adult needs about 8 hours of sleep a day. When you sleep deeply and nothing wakes you up, the number of lymphocytes in your body increases.
It’s worth knowing that you should rest in total darkness and silence, because only then the pineal gland releases melatonin, which provides, among others normal circadian rhythm and functioning of the immune system.
Stress is one of the biggest enemies of our health and strong immune system. Deceitfully, but very effectively weakens us. That is why it is good to practice yoga and meditation.
What do scientists say about immunity?
Researchers at Harvard Medical School believe that the human immune system requires balance and harmony. What will help us in this? Maintaining a healthy lifestyle, exercise, supplements and, above all, a diet rich in natural sources of nutrients, especially vitamins: A, B2, B6, C, D and E – vitamins that play a key role in preventing and combating the disease.
Increasing the body’s immunity does not have to be difficult or bothersome, on the contrary – it can be relaxing and very pleasant. It’s very important to consult with the attending physician before starting a new, healthy lifestyle.
How to naturally strengthen the body’s immunity?
You shouldn’t forget about providing the body with vitamin D in its natural form, and this can be obtained by spending time in natural light. Our body, in conjunction with the sun’s rays, produces vitamin D, which plays a key role in strengthening the immune system.
It’s also worth taking relaxing baths that reduce stress and make us more drowsy, and indeed sleep is one of the key ways to regenerate the body. According to Mother Earth News, sleep deficiency lowers the body’s immune function, activates a stress response, and enhances the effects of inflammatory chemicals.
Discover products that strengthen our immune system!
A healthy, balanced diet plays an important role in maintaining well-being. The following foods can help stimulate the immune system:
- Blueberries rich in flavonoids strengthen the immune system, exhibit antioxidant and antioxidant properties, help fight colds faster.
- Turmeric is not only an aromatic spice, but above all an excellent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agent. Turmeric extracts play a key role in preventing cancer, and also slow down the development of Alzheimer’s disease and relieve joint pain.
- Fatty fish such as tuna, salmon and sardines are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids. They strengthen the body’s immune system, but also reduce the risk of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Broccoli thanks to the high content of fiber, antioxidant and vitamins: C, A and E, broccoli improve the body’s immunity, and also have antioxidant and strengthening properties.
- Spinach, thanks to the content of vitamin C, vitamin E, carotenoids, flavonides, beta-carotene, strengthens the immune system, helps with colds and various infections.
- Kefir is a fermented drink that contains live bacterial cultures extremely beneficial to health. Not only strengthens the immune system, but also reduces inflammation, fights bacteria, increases the body’s antioxidant activity.